Let cyclists use park and ride sites reducing traffic & get me some exercise
As a regular user of park and ride it strikes me the park and ride car park is never full.
As a wannabe cyclist into town I regularly find excuses not to cycle to work.
I work in Bristol. I live outside a not so easy commutable distance of the centre for someone in their mid 40s.
However, if I could drive to the park and ride with my bike I could:
1) dump the car,
2) pay a nominal parking fee
3) cycle the last couple of miles into town,
4) reduce my carbon footprint a little,
5) reduce traffic in the central area of Bristol
Everyone is a winner?
Why? See below
1) Less wear and tear on my car.
2) Save money on parking.
3) Get some exercise, reducing the burden on the NHS.
4) Saving money and the planet for my little ones.
5) Meeting BCC's targets of reducing:
traffic congestion, parking problems, meeting green targets, etc, etc.
Come on George, give us commuters a leg up and not a leg to stand on when it comes to cycling and getting out of our cars.
Why the contribution is important
by user252589 on December 12, 2013 at 08:17PM